In the wake of the financial crisis of 2008, the financial services industry has grown ever more complex, leaving many people struggling for clarity about how they should plan for their future. Most people value sound, objective advice in addressing their most important issues, but are confused by the multitude of offerings by brokerage firms, insurance companies, investment advisors and everyone else holding themselves out as a financial advisor. They want a relationship with a trusted advisor, but their biggest concern is whether an advisor can truly put their best interests first. That is why Brookhaven Wealth Management has chosen to provide independent wealth advisory services and are bound by strict fiduciary standards in its advisory relationships.
In striving to create an uncommon advisory experience for each of our clients, we are grounded in certain core beliefs that guide all of our actions.
- We believe that our clients should be able to receive independent, objective advice with complete transparency in their advisory relationship.
- We believe that, when provided with objective information and guidance, our clients can make well-informed financial decisions.
- We believe that a goals-based financial planning process utilizing an interactive and collaborative web-based portal can make financial planning easier to understand and enjoyable.
- We believe a sound, balanced, financial plan builds in flexibility for clients to account for whatever life has in store for them, and can give them the confidence to work toward achieving their long-term goals.
- We believe that an advisor should be strategy and product agnostic to allow for complete objectivity in identifying and presenting any and all available strategies that may be in their clients’ best interest.
- We believe our responsibility as our clients’ advocate is to continue to advance our knowledge of the financial markets, the global economic landscape, and any changes in laws or regulations that may impact our advice.
- We believe it is our obligation to always be honest and forthright in our communications with our clients.
- We believe in providing our clients with a level of service we could expect for ourselves.
- We believe in client confidentiality and the protection of our clients’ private and personally identifiable information.
*Fiduciary standards are for advisory client relationships